Reservations Account Executive – Trade Trade Team
Hospitality Line Limited
Hours Full Time
Location Orpington, Kent
Established in 1992, Hospitality Line is the UK’s leading provider of travel, leisure and hospitality products and services in the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe.
Hospitality Line’s business success has been built on the highest possible level of attention to detail and the sound understanding of the needs and aspirations of our customers and suppliers.
We are now looking for a Reservations Account Executive to join our team reporting to the Operations Manager. This role you will allow you to develop your customer service skills and knowledge of the UK Inbound travel industry in a fast paced, friendly environment. You will have the opportunity to gain a full understanding of processes associated in making successful reservations for attractions, restaurants and ground services for both our group & FIT clients. The successful applicant would ideally have strong organisational skills and be comfortable in developing and maintaining client and supplier relationships.
We are a vibrant and dynamic company looking for an individual with strong administrative skills and a keen eye for detail. An outgoing personality coupled with a good sense of humour will see you fitting into a team of experienced professionals.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Processing of group and FIT reservations.
- Pro-actively develop and maintain a sufficient knowledge of our product ranges.
- Answering and dealing with a high number of telephone calls.
- Handling customers and suppliers queries in a prompt, friendly and efficient manner by telephone and in writing.
- Providing booking advice and assistance to our tour operator or consumer customers and suppliers.
- Negotiate competitive rates and conditions for ad hoc services notably restaurants & attractions.
- Working as a team with all employees, ensuring your fellow staff members have additional support as and when required.
- Ability to multi task and take on additional responsibilities as required by management
- Normal working hours: 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday. Emergency phone cover on rotation with team members outside of these hours.
- Occasional Bank Holiday and change of hours may be required at peak times.
- Graduate in tourism related subject or at least 12 months experience in the travel industry.
- Confident and passionate about learning and succeeding in the role.
- Good telephone manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Interest in food, restaurants and other leisure products.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and meet deadlines.
- Attend Fam trips as and when required- these may be out of office hours.
- The ability to build effective relationships.
- Self-motivated and good working under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English)
- An enthusiastic and strong team player.
- Additional languages desirable – particularly German or French as is a knowledge of UK and Northern European cities.
- 20 days Holiday and Bank holidays.
- Three month probationary period.
- Flexi time upon successful completion of the probationary period.
- Death in service insurance.
- Day off on your birthday.
- Perk box entitlements.
- Quarterly office entertainment.
- Summer and Christmas Parties.
- FAM trips.
- Discounted attractions.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to develop their career further in the travel industry.